Terms And Policies
Please, keep in mind that every move is unique. Time and speed of the move depends on different factors such as stairs, elevators, walking distance and general accessibility of the place. So, we can give you only estimate time of how long your move can take.
Deposit is required at the time of reservation. Your deposit is fully refundable if you request it 72 hours in advance. Please, see our Cancellation Policy below.
- Carrier -Optimal Movers
- Shipper- Customer
- Customer is always responsible for the parking tickets the moving crew might get during the move. Please reserve a parking for moving truck ahead of time
RUSHING & HOVERING – – If Optimal Movers Moving crews are pressured to rush, work will cease until such pressure is eliminated. Our moving crew work s as hard and efficiently as possible, the safety of your belongings and our employees are important.
NOT RESPONSIBLE For cash, jewelry, documents, keys -you move them yourself
- The carrier (OTIMAL MOVERS) is not responsible for articles constructed of pressed/particle wood (e.g. Ikea)
- Baby cribs may be disassembled by the crew but will not be reassembled.
- Articles will not be assembled out of box.
- At no time, for any reason will the crew work without their shoes.
- At no time for, for any reason will the carrier be held responsible for any mechanical condition disassembling/reassembling and or unplugging any electric devices or appliances.
- Carpet/floor protectors must be arranged in advance (additional charge), as they are not considered standard equipment to be automatically on the truck.
- The carrier will not be held responsible for any personal or important documents, currency or jewelry.
- At no time may the shipper or his /her representative enter or operate any part of the truck.
- The carrier will not be responsible for any damage to a motorcycle or recreational item unless a condition report was made at origin. (pick up location only)
- The carrier will not transport any liquids, animals, paint and grill gas or any perishable (propane gas etc.)
OPTIMAL MOVERS, INC is not liable for claims in the following situations:
- Change in flavor or condition of perishables.
- Loss or damages caused by the shipper, including improper packing or packing material supplied by the shipper.
- Mechanical or electrical derangement of musical instruments.
- Mechanical or electrical condition of any electrical appliances. Service of appliances for transport is the responsibility of the shipper.
- Mechanical or electrical conditions of exercise equipment.
- Breakage caused by normal handling of items packed by shipper. (china, glassware, bric-a-brac and or other similar items) unless packed by carrier.
- Any hazardous materials, including gun and ammunition, may not be transported.
- Failure on the part of the shipper to abide by the terms of the contract.
- Liability of the carrier for loss or damage is subject to the shipper complying with the rules for filing claims and the tariff governing the shipment.
The company is not responsible for any damages of the items handled by the customer or personal injuries of the customer or any third-party members not affiliated with our employees due to their voluntary decision to help the moving crew to move items.
Payment is due in full upon completion of the move. Our movers accept cash or credit/debit cards. Our hourly rate continues until we are paid in full, so being ready will save you money. The client or a significant other must be present during the move and final inspection. The primary cardholder must be present to sign the receipt on the credit card slip.
DOUBLE DRIVING TIME
Moving companies charge double drive time (DDT) between the loading and unloading points to avoid confusion that may arise from charging drive time to and from the company’s office. The CPUC (California Public Utilities Commission) has made DDT the standard way of charging for local moves. This charge covers the cost of movers traveling to the location of pick-up and back to the office from the drop-off location. For further details you may find helpful to read Maximum Rate Tariff document (Item 36, p. 9), which provides guidelines for licensed moving companies in State of California. It is available at California Public Utilities Commission website for free.
We Provide Moving Services All Over California Call Now!
We offer COMMERCIAL MOVING,RESIDENTIAL MOVING,LONG DISTANCE MOVING,COMMERCIAL AND OFFICE MOVERS,APARTMENT MOVERS,LOS ANGELES TO SAN FRANCISCO EXPRESS MOVERS,ARTWORK, ANTIQUES AND PIANO MOVING in Santa Monica, San Diago, Los Angeles, Long Island, San Jose, San Francisco.
Get A Free Quote
We Provide Services At an Affordable Cost!
People in Team